Our funding guidelines
Novant Health is committed to supporting the communities it serves through charitable contributions to community-based programs that improve health equity and upward mobility for those who need it most. Toward that goal, we invest in community-based programs that align with our two investment priorities of developing healthy communities and expanding opportunities for education.
Novant Health also provides sponsorships for specific events and programs. Due to our focus on health impact we prioritize charitable grants proposals over sponsorship requests, therefore sponsorship of events are limited and highly competitive.
Please evaluate your funding needs, program goals and desired outcomes to determine which funding program to pursue.
Please Note: Novant Health prefers to provide funding to organizations once in a 12-month period.
||Request for proposals (RFP) timeline
|Expanding Opportunity through Education
||January 1 to February 7
|Developing Healthy Communities
||August 1 to September 7
|Local community support
In order to be eligible to receive a monetary contribution or an in-kind contribution from Novant Health, an organization must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a tax-exempt public charity under Section 501c(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code (Note: Other acceptable, tax-exempt organizations, such as under Section 501c(4) or 501c(6) may be eligible for community impact funding)
- Serve communities that are also served by Novant Health
- Serve communities without discrimination against any individual on the basis of race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation or national origin
- Provide data that supports the organizations positive community impact
Applications meeting the eligibility criteria will be considered for funding but there is no guarantee of funding until approved.
Support will NOT be extended to:
- Individuals, including those seeking scholarship or fellowship assistance
- Religious or evangelical organizations, programs, or projects
- Organizations with a substantial purpose of influencing any political, legislative or regulatory cause
- Fraternal, veteran or labor membership organization serving only the members of that organization
- Pass-through organizations
- Capital campaigns or campaigns seeking funding for construction of facilities or land acquisition unless there is a clearly identifiable connection to Novant Health’s mission and vision.
- Little League teams, booster clubs, fraternities or other civic clubs or organizations
- Activities or organizations that do not support our public purpose
- For-profit organizations
- Individual schools (public or private) or organizations that operate within an individual school
- Request for matching funds from our organization for team member donations