For a life-threatening emergency,
Quality emergency care, conveniently located
When you have a medical emergency, every second matters. At Novant Health UVA Health System Haymarket Medical Center, we are committed to providing quality emergency care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We hope you never need our expert emergency care, but if you do, we’re always here. Our emergency department is equipped with patient-monitoring systems, advanced imaging technology, on-site labs and surgical suites.
State-of-the-art emergency care
Our medical center also features a helipad that facilitates MEDEVACs or air ambulance transfers of patients to trauma and other specialized units. This allows us to accept patients from remote areas without local hospitals or facilities capable of providing the level of emergency care needed.
We also utilize LifeNet, a web-based data management system that allows emergency responders to send test results from the field to the hospital in advance of the patient’s arrival. Instead of waiting for a patient to arrive by ambulance, physicians and staff can get to work on a treatment plan several minutes before the patient even arrives.
Come to the emergency room (ER) if you experience any of the following:
- Injuries from an accident or fall
- Deep cuts or bleeding that won't stop
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of consciousness
- Pregnancy-related problems
- Severe abdominal pain
- Heart attack symptoms: chest pain, sweating, shortness of breath or unusual nausea
- High fever and vomiting that continues nonstop for several hours
- Stroke symptoms: sudden numbness or weakness of face, arms and/or legs; trouble speaking, severe headache with no known cause
- Signs of meningitis: severe headaches, neck/joint pain and stiffness, vomiting, high temperatures, cold extremities
ER wait times
As an additional convenience, you can
find ER wait times for this and other nearby Novant Health facilities. These times are updated every five
minutes to give you the average time from registration to being
assigned a doctor.