An important message from
Novant Health Franklin Medical Center
On Wednesday, Oct. 7, 2015, Novant Health Franklin Medical Center announced that it will close. We understand that this will impact our community and our team members, and as such, it was an extremely difficult decision.
At this time, our priority is ensuring that your future healthcare needs are met. For that reason, we would like to outline several key points.
- Franklin Medical Center will stop accepting inpatients as of Oct. 7, 2015, at 6 p.m. We will continue to care for patients in the hospital until we can safely discharge them on or prior to Oct. 16, 2015.
- The emergency room will stop taking new patients as of Oct. 16, 2015, at 7 a.m.
- Should you need to request your hospital medical record, download the authorization form or call toll-free 1-855-774-2301 to request the necessary paperwork.
- Your completed authorization forms can be submitted two ways.
- By mail to: ATTN: Novant Health Franklin Medical Center Records Request
P.O. Box 39348
Charlotte, NC 28278
- By fax to: 704-417-1151
- To ensure your privacy, all requests for medical records must be in writing. No medical records copy fees will be applied to the requests for six months after the closure. After that date, medical records copy fees will apply per North Carolina law.
We care deeply about the patients we have served over the years at Franklin Medical Center, as well as the hospital physicians and team members who have gone above and beyond in caring for this community. Unfortunately, Franklin Medical Center was established during a very difficult time in healthcare – and despite an outstanding staff, investments in the facility and a reconfiguration of services in October 2014, we were unable to create a sustainable care model.
As we prepare to close our doors, we are committed to doing all that we can to help our patients and their families and our team members during this time of transition. We want to thank the members of the Louisburg community who supported our efforts over these past six years – whether it was by serving on a board or committee, attending a public meeting or simply trusting us with your healthcare needs.