The Parent Advisory Board (PAB) consists of a maximum number of 15 voting members. New members will be referred by current PAB members or staff of Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center (NHFMC). Volunteer applications are reviewed by the current Chair and facilitator. Prospects are presented to the PAB for a vote by majority.
The following PAB goals and expectations have been set for voting PAB members:
- Attend monthly meetings
- Be the eyes and ears for Novant Health Women Services in the community
- Share perceptions and ideas for the sake of improvement
- Volunteer time for PAB specific events and projects supporting current NICU families
- Help NHFMC weave a broader, tighter web of connections among the NICU alumni community
- Actively participate in fundraising activities as able
Voting PAB members must commit to serve two consecutive years (24 month term) with the option of serving two additional terms for a total of six consecutive years. Afterwards, voting members may become permanent non-voting members with no time limitations. Any member may resign at any time.
NICU PAB monthly meetings will be held the 2nd Tuesday of every month from 6 - 8 PM at NHFMC 3rd floor conference room. Light refreshments are provided. Additional meeting times/dates may be scheduled by the Chair and/or team leaders throughout the year to work on specific volunteer projects.