Novant Health Clinical Research provides access to a variety of cardiac research
Study Name/Number: PROACT
(This study is recruiting participants.)
Title: PROACT: Prospective Randomized On-X valve Anticoagulation Clinical Trial (PROACT) Clinical Pathway
Investigator: David Duncan, MD
Purpose: The purpose of the study is to show that various patient groups with the On-X Valve can be maintained safely on lower doses of Coumadin® or on antiplatelet drugs only rather than the standard dose of Coumadin and aspirin presently recommended by ACC/AHA or ACCP professional societies.
- Patients requiring isolated aortic valve replacement (AVR), or isolated mitral valve replacement (MVR).
- AVR patients receiving low dose or antiplatelet-only anticoagulation
- Concomitant cardiac surgery
- Adult patients age 18 to age 70
- Genders eligible for study: both
- Accepts healthy volunteers: no
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record »