At Novant Health Vascular Specialists – Winston-Salem, your vascular health is our top priority. If you have concerns related to poor circulation or an injury to a blood vessel, or if you suffer from diabetes or another condition that affects your vascular system, our specialists are here to provide the comprehensive care you deserve.
We work to understand your vascular concerns as well as any related health conditions. Then we develop the unique treatment plan that is right for you. From traditional vascular surgery and minimally invasive surgical procedures, to care for wounds or ongoing vascular disorders, you can rely on our care team to offer the most advanced treatment options available.
Treatments can include medications, lifestyle changes or surgery. Among the more common procedures handled by Novant Health Vascular Specialists are:
- Carotid procedures (procedures involving the carotid arteries which carry blood to the brain and head; a carotid endarterectomy removes plaque that has built up inside the carotid artery; carotid stent placement involves using a device to keep the carotid artery open)
- Visceral arterial disease procedures (procedures involving the arteries that carry blood to your intestines, spleen and liver; done to evaluate or treat a narrowing of those arteries)
- Arterial procedures (used to diagnose and treat diseases and disorders affecting the arteries; can include bypass grafts, stent placement, balloon angioplasty, evaluation of peripheral arterial disease (PAD), angiograms, thrombectomy, endarterectomy, evaluation and treatment of peripheral aneurysm and post-operative surveillance)
- Dialysis access procedures (creation of a port to allow easier access to a vein)
- Aortic aneurysm procedures (done to diagnose or treat problems of the aorta, the main artery away from the heart; can include endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm (EVAR), aneurysm repair with graft, and pre-operative and post-operative surveillance)
- Venous procedures (used to evaluate or treat conditions related to the veins; can include evaluation for deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or veinous diseases)
- Lymphedema (condition in which extra lymph pools and causes swelling) evaluation and treatment