Novant Health Spine Specialists – Mint Hill uses advanced tools and testing to identify and diagnose spine conditions. Just as no two spinal issues are identical, we understand that treatment plans also must be greatly individualized. Once your provider understands your condition, treatment options will be developed to address your medical condition. Your provider will help you determine which is best based on your health and your lifestyle.
Diagnostic tests we order include:
- CT scans (also called CAT scans; allows imaging of the spine and the surrounding bones, blood vessels and soft tissues by combining multiple X-rays using computer technology)
- MRIs (Magnetic resonance imaging; uses magnetic fields and radio waves to create images of structures in the body)
- Bone scans
- Myelograms (a scan of the spinal cord used to identify injuries as well as tumors and cysts)
- Discograms (a test that involves injecting dye into the discs of the spinal cord to identify the point causing pain or the point of injury)
Treatments offered by our providers include:
- Facet joint blocks (injection of numbing medicine into joints on the sides of the spine)
- Epidural steroid injections (ESI; also referred to as spine injections; used to relieve pain caused by inflamed spinal nerves)
- Sacroiliac joint injections (Injection of a numbing medicine into the sacroiliac joint, which connects the pelvis to the spine; works to relieve pain, and to identify source of pain)
If a patient could benefit from therapeutic back pain exercises or other physical therapy, our clinic will advise you and request services that are needed.