Since 1948, Novant Health Salisbury Urology has been providing the most advanced urologic care to adults and children ages five and older. Your urinary system, also referred to as the renal system, is made up of the kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. The urinary system removes waste (urine) from the body, and helps to regulate blood volume and composition, as well as levels of certain minerals in your body. It is also vital in reproductive function in men. If a urinary tract concern is causing you pain or embarrassment, our providers are here for you. We use advanced diagnostic tools including in-office X-rays and CT scans (noninvasive scans of parts of the body which create computer pictures of body structures) to investigate urologic issues.
Conditions we regularly treat include:
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Incontinence and voiding dysfunction (inability to hold in urine or inability to release urine)
- Impotence and erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Prostate cancer and disorders, including enlarged prostate (BPH)
- Bladder cancer and disorders
- Male infertility
- Kidney stone disease
Procedures and treatments our providers offer include:
- Vasectomy (a medical sterilization procedure for men)
- Laser surgery (used to treat concerns including an enlarged prostate or kidney stones; involves the use of a small lighted instrument called a ureteroscope to access the urethra, ureter, bladder or kidney)
- Male hormone replacement therapy
Should you need an X-ray, diagnostic ultrasound or CT (computerized tomography) scan, you can have those scans completed in our office.