The providers at Novant Health Pfafftown Family Medicine offer primary care for patients ages 16 and older. We get to know you and your family, to learn what keeps you happy, healthy and active. We give you the resources and information you need to make educated decisions about your health, including lifestyle changes when necessary.
Should you become sick, we work to see you quickly, begin treatment promptly if needed, and advise you about the best ways to keep any illness from spreading. We reserve same-day and next-day appointments for sick or injured patients so you can get care when you need it most.
Our services include:
- Sick-patient care
- Care for minor injuries, including small cuts (lacerations) and minor burns
- Annual physicals for adults
- Immunizations and vaccinations, including the annual flu shot
- Chronic disease management for patients with hypertension (high blood pressure), heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), depression and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Women’s health services, including gynecologic exams, Pap tests, and contraception education and prescriptions
- On-site lab tests including rapid strep tests, rapid flu tests, urinalysis and urine pregnancy tests
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs; used to examine heart function)
- Spirometry (used to examine lung function)
- Sutures (stitches)
- Joint injections