Novant Health Pediatric Infectious Disease – Midtown assesses and manages illnesses and infections in children that might be difficult to diagnose or treat. We see patients from birth through age 18 and work to deliver quick diagnoses so as not to delay any necessary treatments. If your child is bothered by recurrent or unexplained fevers, an infection that will not go away, a rash or a bacterial infection such as tuberculosis, our providers can help.
Our team of infectious disease specialists is skilled in identifying infections, including those common in the Carolinas and those seen more frequently in other parts of the world. Our providers are also available for travel medicine services, including administering required vaccines before international travel and providing information about precautions to take before and during travel.
Our clinic is conveniently located in the Novant Health Pediatric Multi-specialty Center on Queens Road in Charlotte, close to Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center. Your child does not need a referral to be seen by a provider in our office; however, your insurance might require a referral in order for your child’s visit to be covered. Please contact your insurer prior to your chlld’s visit should you have any questions about coverage.
Conditions we diagnose, manage and treat include:
- Recurrent fevers and fevers of unknown origin
- Recurrent infections
- Infections acquired during travel
- HIV infection
- Infections in patients on immune-modulating therapy
- Transplant infections
- Primary immune deficiency
- MRSA infections
- C. difficile infections
- Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases or infections
- Perinatal exposure to Hepatitis C
- Congenital infections and sexually transmitted infections including herpes, cytomegalovirus (CMV), toxoplasma, parvovirus and syphilis