Whether your child suffers from a heart problem or congenital heart condition, or if you are simply monitoring your chlld’s heart health because of a family history of heart conditions, Novant Health Pediatric Cardiology – Elizabeth is here for your family. We diagnose and treat common and complex heart conditions in children from birth through age 18, and we continue to see patients with congenital heart conditions into adulthood.
Should you or your child need a cardiac procedure, our physicians will work closely with the surgeons at Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute to deliver necessary care. Our patients also benefit from care from a Duke University physiologist who regularly sees patients in our office.
The cardiologists at Novant Health Pediatric Cardiology – Elizabeth regularly diagnose and manage the following conditions:
- Heart murmurs
- Chest pains
- Syncope (a drop in blood pressure resulting in a loss of consciousness)
- Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat, including a heartbeat that is too fast or too slow)
- Heart palpitations (feeling that the heart is racing, pounding or beating irregularly)
- Blood pressure concerns
- Congenital heart conditions
Our care team offers the following cardiac testing in our office:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG; records the electrical activity of the heart)
- Holter monitoring (used to record heart activity over an extended period of time during daily activities)
- Stress testing
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (ultrasound used to examine the structure and function of the heart)
- Fetal echocardiogram (used to measure heart function of a fetus before birth)
If your child has been diagnosed with or is being treated for a heart condition, we are happy to offer a second opinion on diagnosis or care.