Your care team at Novant Health Pediatric Cardiology – Carmel is committed to providing high-quality heart care to patients from birth through age 18. Our providers have years of training and experience diagnosing and treating children’s heart conditions. Whether you are aware of a heart condition in your child or concerned about an irregular heartbeat or chest pains, we can help.
Pediatric heart conditions regularly diagnosed and treated by our providers include:
- Heart murmurs
- Chest pain
- Syncope (a drop in blood pressure resulting in loss of consciousness)
- Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat, or a heartbeat that is too fast or too slow)
- Heart palpitations (feeling that the heart is racing, pounding or skipping beats)
- Blood pressure concerns
- Congenital heart conditions (heart conditions present from birth)
If your child has a heart condition, or if heart-related illnesses are part of your family’s medical history, our providers can determine whether monitoring or treatment is needed. We also offer the following diagnostic tests:
- EKGs (electrocardiograms; used to record the electrical activity of the heart)
- Holter monitoring (used to record heart activity over a period of time)
- Transthoracic echocardiograms (ultrasound used to examine the structure and function of the heart)
You will have access to advanced imaging and testing through the Novant Health network. Should your child need a cardiac procedure, our providers will work to get your child to the right medical center for needed care or surgery. Our providers strive to find the best care for your family.
If your child has been previously diagnosed with a heart condition, our providers are available to offer second opinions.