If you are suffering from bone loss, you have access to the specialized care you need. Our providers will work to accurately evaluate your bone density and then determine the best way for you to preserve your bone health and, when possible, regain bone mass you have lost.
Services we offer include:
- Referrals for dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) scans. These noninvasive scans provide images of the spine and hip.
- Discussion of lifestyle factors such as smoking, alcohol use, diet and exercise habits that could impact bone density
- Routine bloodwork at our on-site lab
- Prescriptions for bone-loss medications taken by mouth, by injection or intravenously
- Hormone therapy, including estrogen- or testosterone replacement therapy
- Referrals for physical therapy, including weight-bearing exercise to strengthen bones, and build and preserve bone mass
- Information about calcium supplements, vitamin D supplements and other treatments to preserve and rebuild bone mass