Bone loss is our focus at Novant Health Osteoporosis Clinic – Clemmons. Our providers start by assessing your bone density to determine whether you have bone thinning that would be considered osteopenia or osteoporosis. If you do have one of these conditions, our medical team will work to develop a plan to help preserve your bone mass and, when possible, rebuild what you have lost.
Our services include:
- Discussion of lifestyle factors such as smoking, alcohol use, diet and exercises habits that could impact bone density
- Referral for routine bloodwork
- Prescriptions for bone loss medications taken by mouth, by injection, or intravenously
- Referrals for physical therapy, including weight-bearing exercise to strengthen bones, and build and preserve bone mass
- Information about calcium supplements, vitamin D supplements, and other treatments to preserve and rebuild bone mass