Whether you are suffering from chronic foot or ankle pain, an acute foot or ankle injury, or another health issue such as diabetes that is causing foot pain or limiting mobility, Novant Health Mothershed Foot & Ankle – Winston-Salem is here for you. Our board-certified foot doctors are here to diagnose and treat common and complex foot and ankle conditions.
We will work to quickly assess your concerns and determine the best treatment plan for you. We offer both nonsurgical and surgical treatment options, including minimally invasive surgery. Our goal is to reduce your pain, and help you restore or regain your mobility as quickly as possible.
We understand that recovery is a process, not an event. We work with you before treatment to identify and address any related issues – smoking, weight or abnormal blood sugar levels — that could stand in the way of your success. Then after your treatment, your care team will continue to support you, making sure you have access to rehabilitation or physical therapy, should you need those services.
Conditions we regularly treat include:
- Adult foot pain
- Pediatric foot pain
- Diabetic foot pain
- Arthritis in the feet or ankles
- Bunions (a deformity of the joint connecting the foot and the big toe)
- Bursitis (inflammation in the ankle)
- Congenital foot deformities
- Corns and calluses
- Foot skin conditions
- Gout (a form of arthritis that causes joint pain and inflammation)
- Hammer toe (a condition where a toe has an abnormal bend in the middle joint)
- Heel pain
- Plantar fasciitis (inflammation in the tissue connecting the heel bone to the toes)
- Sprains and fractures of the foot or ankle
- Tendonitis (inflammation of the tendons in the foot or ankle)
- Toenail disorders
We offer on-site ultrasounds and X-rays, so your provider has easy access to the tools needed to accurately assess your condition. We can also help you access custom orthotics, braces and shoes, should you need those.