Novant Health Mothershed Foot & Ankle – Kernersville brings remarkable foot and ankle care to your neighborhood. Our board-certified podiatrists have devoted their careers to foot and ankle care. We want to work with you to lessen your foot or ankle pain and help you preserve or restore your mobility. You can begin your journey to recovery now by scheduling your first appointment online using MyChart or open scheduling on our provider page.
At your first visit, your care team will listen to your concerns, assess your condition, and help you consider all your treatment options. We are proud to offer advanced orthopedic technology for both diagnosis and treatment. This technology can mean a quicker diagnosis and speedier recovery for you.
Health issues such as smoking, or excess weight or abnormal blood sugar levels could impact your recovery. Before your treatment even begins, our team will work with you to identify and address any health issues that could stand in the way of your successful treatment. After your treatment, your care team will continue to support you by making sure you have access to rehabilitation services, including physical therapy, should you need them.
Conditions we regularly treat include:
- Care for acute illnesses, including colds, sore throats, flu and stomach upset
- Adult foot pain
- Pediatric foot pain
- Diabetic foot pain
- Arthritis in the feet or ankles
- Bunions (a deformity of the joint connecting the foot and the big toe)
- Bursitis (inflammation in the ankle)
- Congenital foot deformities
- Corns and calluses
- Foot skin conditions
- Gout (a form of arthritis that causes joint pain and inflammation)
- Hammer toe (a condition where a toe has an abnormal bend in the middle joint)
- Heel pain
- Plantar fasciitis (inflammation in the tissue connecting the heel bone to the toes)
- Sprains and fractures of the foot or ankle
- Tendonitis (inflammation of the tendons in the foot or ankle)
- Toenail disorders
Our providers regularly offer surgery to correct bunions and hammer toes, and to reconstruct feet or ankles after trauma.
Should you need custom orthotics, braces or shoes, your care team will help you access those resources.