Pain in your foot or ankle or a condition affecting their use can impact your entire life. You rely on your feet for everyday life — to take care of yourself, meet your obligations and participate in the activities you enjoy. At Novant Health Mothershed Foot & Ankle – Clemmons, we understand the importance of foot and ankle function and work quickly to reduce pain, and help improve or preserve mobility.
Our team of board-certified podiatrists starts by listening to your concerns and assessing your condition. Novant Health is committed to investing in technology for both diagnosis and treatment, and our patients benefit from our advanced diagnostic tools and treatment options. Once we understand your condition, your care team will create an individual treatment plan to address your needs and work towards your goals.
Conditions and disorders we treat include:
- Adult foot pain
- Pediatric foot pain
- Diabetic foot pain
- Arthritis in the feet or ankles
- Bunions (a deformity of the joint connecting the foot and the big toe)
- Bursitis (inflammation in the ankle)
- Congenital foot deformities
- Corns and calluses
- Foot skin conditions
- Gout (a form of arthritis that causes joint pain and inflammation)
- Hammer toe (a condition where a toe has an abnormal bend in the middle joint)
- Heel pain
- Plantar fasciitis (inflammation in the tissue connecting the heel bone to the toes)
- Sprains and fractures of the foot or ankle
- Tendonitis (inflammation of the tendons in the foot or ankle)
- Toenail disorders
Our providers regularly offer surgery to correct bunions and hammer toes, and to reconstruct feet or ankles after trauma.
Should you need custom orthotics, braces or shoes, your care team will help you access those resources.