If you want to experience a more integrative approach to your gynecological and pregnancy care, our capable team can offer you ob-gyn services as well as holistic advice and consultation.
Midwifery is oriented toward women with low-risk pregnancies and general gynecologic needs such as Pap tests. If you have health factors such as obesity or HIV that could lead to a high-risk pregnancy, our team may help you find the right level of care at a Novant Health ob-gyn clinic.
Services available from our nurse-midwives include:
- Counseling before you get pregnant (preconception counseling)
- Infertility evaluations
- Regular checkups during your pregnancy
- Consultations about healthy diet, exercise and prenatal vitamins
- Help creating your birth plan
- Holistic advice and care during your delivery
- Breastfeeding consultations
- Screening for post-partum depression
- Pelvic exams
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing
- Breast exams and Pap tests
- Family planning and contraception consultations
- IUD insertions and removals
- Management of menopause symptoms, such as hot flashes
- Screenings for gynecological cancers
- Biopsies of your uterine lining (endometrial biopsy) to check for conditions such as endometriosis
Our office has onsite lab and ultrasound services available, so you can get the care you need without leaving our clinic.