Whether you have acquired an infectious disease or are concerned you could have been exposed to one, Novant Health Infectious Disease Specialists – Rowan is here for you.
If you have an infection linked to a virus, parasite, fungus or bacteria, our providers will use advanced diagnostic tools to get to the root of your illness and determine the best way to treat it. If you are uncertain if our clinic is appropriate for your needs, our team is happy to talk with you to determine if we can provide the care you need.
Our infectious disease specialists provide medical management and treatment for:
- Bacteremia (infection in the blood)
- Brain abscess (infection in the brain that can cause headaches and nausea)
- Cellulitis (a bacterial infection of the inner layers of the skin)
- Endocarditis (an infection of the heart’s inner lining)
- Fever of unknown origin
- Hepatitis (infection of the liver often caused by contaminated food or water)
- HIV/AIDS (human immunodeficiency virus/ acquired immune deficiency syndrome)
- Lyme disease (an illness spread by ticks)
- Meningitis/encephalitis (infections of the brain or spinal cord)
- Antibiotic-resistant infecttions including MRSA/VRE (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus/vancomycin-resistant enterococci)
- Neutropenic fever (fever when the body has a greatly compromised immune system)
- Osteomyelitis (infection of the bone)
- Pneumonia (inflammation of the lung)
- Post-surgical site infections
- Septic arthritis (infection of a joint)
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Sinusitis (infection of the sinuses)
- Tuberculosis (infectious bacterial disease infecting the lungs)
- Uncommon parasitic infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Wound infections
Our providers see patients at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center, as well as in our clinic both after hospital discharge or for illnesses that do not require hospitalization.
We do not offer travel medicine services or travel vaccines at this location, however these services are available at other Novant Health Infectious Disease Specialists locations.