Sleep disorders and chronic headaches don’t just make you feel miserable. They also hinder your performance and undermine your quality of life. And when left untreated, lack of sleep cannot only cause migraines, but lead to or worsen heart disease, obesity, depression and diabetes and other chronic conditions.
To provide relief and counter such risks, our board-certified neurologist and certified advanced practice providers will assess your entire health history to understand when your headaches or sleep problems started and what could be triggering them. Then our team will find the treatment plan that works best for you and adjust it as your symptoms, health and other circumstances change.
The headache and migraine treatments and management options we offer include:
- Lifestyle counseling (sleep, exercise, diet, stress, journaling, etc.)
- Medicinal treatment (over-the-counter and prescription drugs)
- BOTOX® injections (to reduce the frequency, severity and duration of some migraine attacks by blocking neural pathways)
- Trigger point injections (to suppress twitching of muscles in the head, neck and shoulders that can trigger migraine attacks)
- SphenoCath® (numbing of a nerve bundle inside the nasal cavity to provide immediate relief for severe migraines)
The sleep medicine services we offer include evaluation and treatment of:
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Sleep disordered breathing, a syndrome characterized by snoring and/or upper airway dysfunction
- Obstructive sleep apnea, a sleep disorder involving significant decrease in airflow during breathing
- Restless legs syndrome (RLS)
In addition, we offer:
- Sleep studies (polysomnograms)
- Management of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machines used to treat obstructive sleep apnea