Novant Health Charlotte Colon & Rectal Surgery – Elizabeth offers a variety of diagnostic procedures as well as surgical and nonsurgical treatment options to address conditions affecting the colon, rectum and anus. Our providers are skilled in minimally invasive and traditional surgery, and will help you determine whether surgical or medicinal treatment, or a combination of both, is best to achieve your health goals.
When you choose our clinic, we will listen to your concerns and quickly diagnose them so you can begin treatment without delay. Conditions we regularly treat include:
- Colorectal cancers
- Anal fissures (small tears in the skin lining the opening of the anus)
- Abcesses (a cavity filled with pus near the anus or rectum) or fistulas (an under-skin tunnel that connects infected glands to the anus)
- Hemorrhoids (enlarged blood vessels in the anus or rectum)
- Polyps (abnormal growths on the lining of the colon or rectum)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD; a group of conditions, including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, that cause inflammation in the colon)
- Diverticulitis (a condition in which pockets that develop in the walls of the colon become inflamed)
- Rectal prolapse (a condition where the rectum, or lower end of the colon, protrudes out of the body through the anus)
Procedures our providers offer include:
- Colonoscopy (allows your surgeon to examine the entire length of your colon and rectum using a thin, tube-shaped instrument; can also involve the removal of growths or polyps)
- Minimally invasive colorectal surgery
- Traditional colorectal surgery
Our clinic is located on East Fourth Street, just south of Uptown Charlotte in between the Cherry and Elizabeth neighborhoods. You will enter our parking deck from North Caswell Road. Access the walkway to our building from the third floor of the parking deck.