Novant Health Cancer Institute – Lake Norman (Breast Surgery) works together with a team of breast health specialists and breast surgeons to address both cancerous and non-cancerous breast conditions. Our advanced diagnostic tools and procedures get you accurate answers quickly so you can determine the right strategy to address your condition. Our team will be here for you every step of the way, from diagnosis through treatment and recovery.
Our services include:
- Breast conserving surgery
- Mastectomy (breast removal) surgery)
- Axillary lymph node procedures
- Placement of MammoSite targeted radiation therapy system
- Excisional biopsies for benign breast disease
- Drainage of breast abscesses/infection
- Breast cancer risk assessment and interpretation of genetic testing results
If you have a family history of breast cancer or you have completed genetic testing to determine your breast cancer risk, our providers can help you understand your results as well as your options for treatment and prevention.