Novant Health Cancer Institute – Gastonia is committed to meeting your physical and emotional needs if you have a gynecologic cancer. Our providers combine their years of experience with the most advanced diagnostic tools available to accurately identify gynecologic cancers so you can understand your current condition and all your treatment options.
We are solely devoted to gynecologic oncology, meaning we understand not only the medical issues you are facing, but the physical and emotional toll a gynecologic cancer diagnosis can take. We are committed to providing not just medical treatment, but comprehensive support services throughout your treatment.
Our providers regularly diagnose and treat:
- Ovarian cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Cancer of the fallopian tubes
Procedures our providers complete include:
- da Vinci Surgery (minimally invasive surgery using the da Vinci robot-assisted surgery system)
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy (minimally invasive procedure to remove the uterus and cervix)
- Laparoscopic radical hysterectomy (minimally invasive procedure to remove the uterus, cervix and surrounding structures)
- Laparoscopic staging procedures (minimally invasive procedure to further investigate cancers and determine which treatment option would be most effective)
- Laparoscopic lymph node dissection (lymphadenectomy; a minimally invasive procedure to remove lymph nodes)
- Laparoscopic salpingo-oophorectomy (a minimally invasive procedure to remove one or both ovaries and fallopian tubes)
- Laparoscopic trachelectomy (minimally invasive procedure to remove the cervix)
- Laparoscopic omentectomy (minimally invasive surgery to remove the omentum, a fold of fatty tissue in the abdomen; often necessary to address ovarian cancer that has spread)
We are pleased to offer our patients access to many clinical trials. If your provider believes a clinical trial should be a part of your treatment plan, you will be given all the information you would like to make an informed decision.
Our clinic offers patients a variety of social, emotional and spiritual support resources, including nurse navigators to help coordinate your care. These resources will be available to you starting with your first visit and continuing throughout your treatment.