Consortium for Clinical Education and Practice – Student Passport Initiative
The intent of the CEP initiative is for each student to complete only one set of requirements that will meet the needs of all facilities within each of the following regional healthcare systems:
- Carolinas HealthCare System
- CaroMont Health
- Novant Health
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
The clinical requirements and student information should be provided through an online vendor process. Students/faculty should check with their educational institution to determine the online vendor chosen by the school. The facility representative within the above healthcare systems will have access to these electronic records at any time for verification.
Note: All of the requirements for participation apply to students as well as any faculty who come on-site to any healthcare facility as part of the clinical experience.
Student and Faculty Core Orientation
Additionally, an online core orientation must be completed by all students and faculty participating in the clinical experience. This orientation is only to be completed once and is applicable for all of the healthcare facilities listed above.
Instructions on completing the Core Orientation Training:
- If the link does not open to presentation mode, click save and it will download and then click open. Note that this does not work on mobile devices and tablets.
- Click the hyperlink on each slide to advance the slide
- Click the escape key to exit the presentation
- Core test questions are integrated into the power point
- Click the link on the final slide to access the MS Word document for the Certificate of Completion
- Insert your name, date on the certificate and print or upload certificate to appropriate database or academic site
Note: Additional facility-specific orientation may be required (parking, dress codes, etc.). Please check with the facility representative.