If your school has not worked with Novant Health in the past, your school will need to complete the Educational Institution’s Letter ofAgreement and submit the document along with the certificate of insurance to [email protected]. Please see
TOPIC: Agreements & Insurance
for more information. Then you will need to secure a preceptor. Your school faculty or advisor is responsible for securing the preceptor for your rotation, internship, or observation. See TOPIC:
TOPIC: Preceptors for clinical rotations, internships, or observations
for more information. Students must work with their instructor/advisor/intern coordinator to complete and submit the regulatory requirements. Please complete the requirements that most appropriately matches your program (i.e., advanced Practice, clinical or non-clinical). Please see
TOPIC: General Information> Question: What kind of student am I considered?
If you need assistance in determining which requirements to complete. All of the required documents listed on the checklist must be submitted in one complete packet and should be emailed by the instructor/advisor to [email protected] at least 4 weeks in advance of the expected start date. Student Programs accepts documents anytime, however, it is not guaranteed that clearance can be granted when the requirements are submitted late. When Student Programs has received all the required documentation and it is determined to be complete clearance will be granted via email. The clearance message will be sent to the instructor/advisor at the school, the student, the Novant Health preceptor. The clearance states the student is ready to begin the internship, and has information about computer access, badges, and evaluations. Because you are a team member the requirements on the checklist can be satisfied in alternative ways:
Background Check & Drug Screen
- Please indicate of the Student/School/Faculty Information Sheet that you are a team member. Student Programs will not require you to submit a background check or drug screen.
- There is likely one of these forms signed in placed in your employee file every year, however, Student Programs does not have access to your file. To find this form follow this link on I-Connect and click on Staff Agreement. Include a signed copy with your requirements.
Orientation-Compliance Roster &Tobacco Form
- Please include your transcript from I-Learn stating that you completed this year’s AME or attended orientation at time of hire. Medication Safety & Security Module- Please submit your transcript from I-Learn showing that you completed the Medication Safety CBL. Educational Experience Agreement- Please include with all other documents.
- The specific immunizations listed on the Internship checklist are not optional unless you have an approved exemption. Please include a snapshot of your immunization summary from PeopleSoft/Self-service. Likely everything that is required for students, is captured in PeopleSoft. Student Programs can review, and advise if additional documentation or vaccinations are needed.
- Likely you were tested for TB when you were hired. Often times team members who are not in a high risk area, or have not had a potential exposure do not get the annual testing thereafter. To satisfy this requirement, please go to Self Service/PeopleSoft and ensure that your last TB questionnaire has been completed. Once completed, a snapshot of your immunization summary can be included with your documentation. See
TOPIC: Student Requirements
for more about the items that need to be submitted.