Novant Health recognizes the importance of providing eligible Physician Team Members with paid leave opportunities for the following events:
- Birth Recovery Leave
- Parental/Bonding Leave
- Caregiver Leave
See policy Physician Team Member Paid Leave (NH-HR-4090) for eligibility requirements.
- Birth Recovery Leave: Provide up to two (2) weeks of paid leave for recovery from childbirth.
- Parental/Bonding Leave: Provide up to four (4) weeks of paid leave for bonding with a newborn or newly adopted child.
- Caregiver Leave: Provide one (1) week of paid leave for the care of a parent, spouse or child under age 18, who are experiencing a serious health condition as defined under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
How to request a leave
Follow these three steps to request a paid leave:
- Notify your clinic administrator and lead clinician as soon as a need for leave is known.
- Contact The Hartford. You can call Hartford Disability/Absence Management at (800)-549-6514 and speak with a representative. Or, you can initiate your leave request online at TheHartford.com/mybenefits. If applicable, you can use the online portal to start a Short-Term Disability claim and track where your claim is in the process.
- Complete the Physician Leave of Absence request form that is in Service Now. For step-by-step instructions on how to complete the Physician Leave of Absence request form, click here.
Who to contact
Questions can be directed to Hartford Leave Administration at 800-549-6514 or to the HR Solutions Center at 800-890-5420 or [email protected].