Why Novant Health?
You want to make healthcare better through forward-thinking strategy and close attention to detail. And you want to do more than learn about an organization from afar – you want to get hands-on experience working within it. When you become a Novant Health administrative fellow, you can learn and grow in a supportive, highly customizable program while living in beautiful and vibrant Charlotte, North Carolina.
Charlotte is consistently ranked as one of the fastest-growing cities in the country. The metro area includes growing businesses, burgeoning sports franchises and an evolving culinary scene.
- Ranked No. 20 in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Places to Live in 2020
- Home to the NFL Carolina Panthers football team
- Home to the NBA Charlotte Hornets basketball team
- Home to the minor league Charlotte Knights baseball team
- Home of the Charlotte Motor Speedway and NASCAR Hall of Fame
- More than 50 breweries in Charlotte and surrounding areas
- More than 210 parks and facilities in Mecklenburg County
How to apply
Recent graduates of CAHME-accredited Master of Health Administration, Master of Business Administration or Master of Public Health or equivalent level programs are invited to apply for this fellowship.
Our application requires the following materials, combined into a single PDF:
- Cover letter addressed to “Administrative Fellowship Selection Committee”
- Official graduate transcript from an accredited program
- Personal statement that is two pages, double-spaced
- Within your statement, please describe your interest in healthcare, your short- and long-term goals, and how the Novant Health administrative fellowship will help you accomplish those goals.
- Three letters of recommendation from both academic and professional sources
Applications for our next fellowship are due Sept. 18, 2020. The next fellowship will begin in July 2021.
Please contact the current Greater Charlotte Market fellow, Paige Comstock, if you have application questions.
Meet the team
The preceptor for the Greater Charlotte Market program is Saad Ehtisham, president of the Novant Health Greater Charlotte Market, Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center and Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital.
A typical day
You should have ample opportunity to pursue your interests and learn about different aspects of health administration in our flexible yearlong program. Throughout your fellowship, you will be shadowing and doing rotations at each of our Charlotte-area hospitals, as well as completing project-based work at one or more locations. You will also get chance to meet with members of our executive and leadership teams and take part in volunteer opportunities along the way.