Support for every step of your treatment
From your diagnosis to your treatment, to your survivorship and beyond, the cancer care experts at Novant Health Prince William Medical Center will be there to help you every step of the way. We understand that cancer is more than just a physical disease, and that's why we provide you with the support and resources you need to fully recover. Some of the support services we provide include:
- Psychosocial support
- Food and nutrition counseling
- Cancer support and education
- Pastoral services
- Information resources
- Wound/ostomy services
To learn more about the support services at Novant Health Prince William Medical Center, please call
We also offer support groups where you share ideas and gain knowledge from people in the community who are going through the same things as you. Some of our support groups include:
- Breast cancer support group - This group is for women who have recovered or have been diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Cancer support group - Cancer patients, survivors and their family members share encouragement for the challenges that cancer can bring into your life. Held in the private dining room, on the first floor, off of the cafe.
- Look good, feel better - Trained cosmetologists teach women how to cope with appearance-related side effects of treatment. Held in the birthing center conference room.
- Men's cancer support group - Designed to empower and provide help for men coping with prostate and other male cancer diagnosis.
Support groups are held at Novant Health Prince William Medical Center in the fourth floor conference room C of Medical office building one, unless otherwise stated. For more information, please contact facilitator Robyn Phelps at 703-895-4857 or email@example.com
To address the strains that cancer puts your body through, we provide individualized rehabilitation services. Our program includes physical and occupational therapy and speech pathology. The two programs we provide include:
- A 15-minute light touch massage program for oncology inpatients and chemotherapy patients offered three-times weekly.
- An outpatient lymphedema program offered to patients to control swelling.
To learn more about the support services at Novant Health Prince William Medical Center, please call 703-895-4857.