Find confidence in our knowledge and experience
When you or a loved one needs surgery, you can take comfort in knowing that the surgeons at Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center are among the best in their field. They work with specialized teams that support you all the way, from pre-registration to recovery and rehabilitation.
Find a Novant Health specialty physician or surgeon with our online directory.
Find a Novant Health outpatient surgery center in the Charlotte area.
Experience is a key to success and when we perform your procedure, our surgical teams bring the knowledge and experience gained in thousands of surgeries each year at Presbyterian Medical Center.
Your surgery will be performed in an operating suite that’s dedicated and configured for procedures like yours and equipped with the latest surgical technology, such as tools for robotic, laparoscopic and other minimally invasive procedures.
Your experience as a patient is very important to us and we want you to feel relaxed and comfortable about your treatment. To help make that happen, please pre-register prior to your hospital stay. You can do it online and you will then receive an email with more information about where to go and what to expect when you arrive. You may also call us toll-free to pre-register at 1-888-844-0080, option 3.
Here are some frequently asked questions about having surgery at Presbyterian Medical Center. For more information, download our Pre-procedure Guide for both adults and children.
Before you leave the hospital, you will receive specific discharge instructions. We will discuss these instructions with you and your caregivers and give you a written copy to take home, along with numbers to call if you have questions later.
For more information about your condition and the treatment your physician has recommended, visit our online health library.
Presbyterian Medical Center offers a full-range of general and specialized surgeries:
- Bariatric weight loss surgery – Nationally recognized by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, our program includes education, support and counseling. To attend an information session, call 704-384-CARE (2273).
- Ear, nose and throat surgery – including sleep improvement procedures and sinus endoscopy
- Eye surgery – including glaucoma surgery and cataract removal
- General surgery – covering the digestive system, colorectal, internal organs and glands
- Gynecologic surgery – inpatient procedures, with some procedures also performed at local Novant Health outpatient centers.
- Heart and vascular surgery – ranked among the best in the nation by the Society for Thoracic Surgeons
- Neurosurgery – procedures for all conditions related to the brain and spine
- Orthopedic spine surgery – a comprehensive program covering conditions of the spine, neck and back
- Pediatric surgery - Our board-certified pediatric surgeons are specially trained in techniques that are best for children.
- Plastic surgery – including breast reconstruction
- Surgical oncology – sophisticated techniques to remove tumors and cancerous cells
- Urologic surgery – including prostate, kidney stones and urinary incontinence
For more information about surgical services at Presbyterian Medical Center, please call 704-384-4000. Find a Novant Health specialty physician or surgeon with our online directory.
Many surgical procedures, especially minimally invasive surgeries, can be performed on an outpatient basis. Find a Novant Health outpatient surgery center in the Charlotte area.