Improving our community
The most important things to us are the communities we serve and the people we are able to help. At Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center, we strive to provide excellent hospitals, physician clinics and outpatient centers so that we can ensure a positive healthcare experience for you and your family. We also believe in making a commitment to community outreach and service.
This commitment means the continuous creation of programs dedicated to helping our patients, neighbors and some of our communities’ most vulnerable citizens. These programs include:
- Charity care and other patient financial assistance
- Our financial commitment to providing unreimbursed health services to individuals with Medicaid and Medicare coverage
- Community health education
- Medical services that lose money but are important for the community
- Support groups; partnerships with other organizations to provide outreach services
- Community events and screenings
- Our participation in medical research
- Academic health programs
- Other community initiatives
We’re proud of our not-for-profit heritage and the commitment of our staff to improve the health of our neighborhoods and communities.
Educational bulletin boards
Novant Health offers complimentary educational bulletin boards to our community and corporate partners. This service is one way we can share important health-related information with our community. You will find a variety of topics covered from information on diseases, diet and nutrition, to local support groups.
Content will be updated on a monthly basis and English and Spanish versions are available. You may also choose from archived copies.
Novant Health is pleased to offer this service as an investment in our community. We look forward to partnering with you to improve the health of our communities “one person at a time”.