Novant Health is an organization of remarkable people. We are caregivers, physician partners, support staff and volunteers united by three foundational elements:
- Our mission: We exist to improve the health of communities, one person at a time.
- Our vision: We, the employees of Novant Health and our physician partners, will deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time.
- Our values: Compassion, diversity, personal excellence and teamwork.
Each of our healthcare facilities meets a unique need in the communities we serve and provides a dynamic setting where staff can contribute to our not-for-profit mission and experience the professional satisfaction of working in healthcare. We foster an atmosphere of mutual respect founded on a basic promise that employees and Novant Health make to each other. Learn more
Novant Health is proud of our employees' commitment to service and their willingness to reach out to the disadvantaged and needy for our neighborhoods and communities. Our community benefit in 2011 equaled $517 million. This total includes hundreds of programs that serve our patients, neighbors and some of our communities' most vulnerable citizens: charity and community benefit care
, which includes our financial commitment to providing unreimbursed health services to individuals with Medicaid coverage; community health education; medical services that lose money but are important for the community; support groups; partnerships with other organizations to provide outreach services; community events and screenings; our participation in medical research; academic health programs; and other community initiatives.
Our employees also have a deep and abiding commitment to helping neighbors outside of our local communities.
- In 2010, we answered the international call for help following the earthquake in Haiti. The health system donated 57 pallets of medical supplies, equipment, medicine and masks. More than 70 physicians and employees volunteered on the ground with medical and community outreach missions. Staff donated nearly $100,000 in cash and vacation time to the American Red Cross Haiti Relief Fund, and one of our hospitals, Novant Health Franklin Medical Center, collected more than 500 pairs of shoes for the people of Haiti.
- East coast residents are no strangers to the devastation that hurricanes can bring. That's why Novant Health employees sprung into action in 2005 to help other Americans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Our employees staffed evacuee sites, joined a State Medical Assistance Team (SMAT) in Mississippi, and donated time, money and supplies.
We're pround of our heritage and our commitment to the communities we serve. Novant Health does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, sex, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age with regard to admission, treatment or participation in its program, services and activities, or in employment. And we believe in our mission, to "improve the health of communities, one person at a time."