Stroke in women
Get the facts about stroke and women:
- Some 425,000 women suffer from stroke each year – 55,000 more than men.
- Only 27 percent of women could name more than two of the six primary stroke symptoms.
- Seven out of 10 women said they are not aware that they are more likely than men to have a stroke and were not at all, or only somewhat, knowledgeable about risk factors.
- Black women suffer a significantly higher number of strokes than white women.
- Stroke is a leading cause of death for Hispanic women.
The signs and symptoms of stroke can be different between men and women.
Learn more about the signs and symptoms of stroke
Learn more about stroke services at Novant Health