You shouldn’t have to face a stroke alone
Recovering from a stroke can be challenging. There are many things to consider, from understanding your diagnosis and treatment options to accessing outpatient rehabilitation services and community support resources when you are ready to go home.
Novant Health is with you every step of the way on your recovery journey. We are dedicated to helping you get better and stay well.
Some of our medical centers offer stroke navigator services. If you have a stroke and come to one of these medical centers for stroke care, a stroke navigator will visit you and your family at no extra charge. He or she will help coordinate your follow-up care and give you the support and knowledge you need to understand your condition.
The stroke navigator is a member of your healthcare team. He or she will help you learn more about your diagnosis, treatments and what will happen while you are a patient in the hospital and after you are discharged. The navigator will:
- Link you with physicians to streamline your follow-up care
- Explain your diagnosis and treatment options
- Answer any questions you have throughout your hospital stay and after discharge
- Provide access to community support resources
- Provide access to psychosocial (counseling) support resources
Learn more about the stroke navigator services at Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center and Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center and how to contact the navigators.