Stroke is a leading cause
of disability and death
in the United States
A stroke, like a heart attack, can transform your life in an instant. It can change your plans for the future and force new responsibility on the people who love you. More than two-thirds of stroke survivors are left with some type of disability.
At Novant Health, our stroke specialists are committed to delivering the highest quality stroke care, when and where you need it. If you suffer a stroke, we’re here to help you get better. If you’re at risk for a stroke, we can help you lower your risk; up to 80 percent of all strokes are preventable. Our team of board-certified neurologists, surgeons and other talented clinicians provide advanced diagnosis and treatment.
- Certified Primary Stroke Centers – Novant Health’s hospitals are nationally recognized by The Joint Commission for advanced stroke care.
- World-class technology – Our technology and facilities rival those found in most large academic medical centers, such as dedicated neurological critical and intensive care units designed for your unique needs.
- Specially trained physicians – Our Stroke Centers are staffed by emergency medicine physicians, neurologists, neurohospitalists and nurses who specialize in stroke care.
- Care when you need it – We are here 24 hours a day to care for you. Our team also includes neurointerventional radiologists and neurosurgeons who are on call 24 hours a day. This means we can begin your stroke treatment more quickly, improving your chance for a healthy recovery.
- Convenient locations – Novant Health makes it easy to access remarkable healthcare. We offer many convenient locations, from hospitals and outpatient surgery and rehabilitation centers to imaging centers and physician practices.
- Personal connections – When you come into our facilities, you’re treated as a valued guest.
If you or someone you care about experiences symptoms of a stroke, call 911 immediately. If you or a loved one is a stroke survivor, schedule an appointment with one of our experts. We want to help you get better and stay healthy.