Sports medicine to help
athletes reach peak performance
Sports conditioning program - In the Novant Health sports-conditioning program, you’ll learn safe, effective exercises to help you jump higher, throw harder and run faster.
We offer one-hour sessions designed to meet your individual needs. Open to athletes age 12 and older, our conditioning program can help you perform better in sports such as baseball, golf, soccer, tennis and triathlons.
Sessions can include:
- A sport-specific exercise and fitness regimen to improve your agility, strength and flexibility
- A full fitness regimen to help you achieve your individual performance goals
- Personalized nutrition consultation with a licensed dietitian, addressing all stages of training
- Motivation and improvement tips from a professional sports psychologist
Motion and gait analysis - Whether you are interested in running, throwing or swinging, the state-of-the-art motion- and gait-analysis labs of Novant Health can help you do it more effectively.
A licensed physical therapist uses sophisticated technology to assess your physical alignment, range of motion, gait and body mechanics. The result can be more efficient and effective movement patterns that will elevate your performance.
Our gait analysis can also determine if you’re wearing the correct shoes for your sport and whether special orthotics are needed to help you avoid injury.
Sports nutrition - Which foods help you maintain a healthy weight, give you more energy and build stronger muscles? Knowing the answers is as important to your athletic success as training and proper conditioning.
As an athlete, your body works hard. So it’s important to give it the right mix of water, protein, fat, carbohydrates, and vitamins and minerals to:
- Boost energy and endurance
- Build muscle
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Stay hydrated
- Help you recover after training or performance
The sports nutrition experts at Novant Health can develop an activity-specific, personalized nutrition plan that helps you perform your best.
Sports psychology - Competition is tough. It’s easy to become overwhelmed by the demands of training and the pressure to succeed. The sports psychologists of Novant Health have helped other athletes overcome the mental roadblocks to their success. They can help you with issues such as:
- Performance anxiety
- Confidence problems
- Depression following an injury
- Personal problems with your teammates or coach
- Sports-affected relationships with your parents
- Team dynamics
Our goal is to help you develop the confidence and focus to meet your performance goals. The team at Novant Health will help you identify your challenges – we’ll develop a path to success that may include behavioral, family and individual counseling.