Short-term to chronic sleep disruption
If you experience difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep or enjoying a restful night's sleep, you may be suffering from insomnia. Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because you experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking up frequently during the night with difficulty returning to sleep
- Waking up too early in the morning
- Anxiety and frustration about sleep
- Daytime fatigue or low energy
Learn more about the SHUTi™ online insomnia treatment program »
Insomnia is one of the most common sleep problems, with nearly one in 10 adults suffering from it. Our team of board-certified sleep doctors have extensive experience diagnosing and treating insomnia and are ready to help you get a good night’s sleep.
Insomnia has three different classifications:
- Transient - Short term, lasting from a single night to a few weeks
- Intermittent - On and off, episodes occur from time to time
- Chronic – Constant, occurs on most nights and lasts a month or more
To learn more about insomnia, visit our online health library or call one of our sleep health locations to schedule an appointment with one of our doctors.
SHUTi™ online insomnia treatment program
SHUTi™, or Sleep Healthy Using the Internet™, is an interactive, online program for adults with insomnia. This is a tailored program for users to track their individual sleep patterns and issues in sleep diaries, which are then used to give personalized advice and even specific bedtimes. SHUTi™ helps people with insomnia identify and change thoughts or behaviors that influence sleep patterns through engaging stories, quizzes and activities using a technique called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
This internet software can be a great alternative to sleeping medication, as it helps patients learn better sleep habits and overcome the underlying cause of their sleep problems.
Sign up for a SHUTi™ subscription: