You don't have to live with pain
Chronic pain affects thousands of people every year and is one of the leading causes of missed work. Long-term pain can also lead to fatigue, depression, anxiety, frustration or fitful sleep.
At Novant Health, our pain management experts can help identify the aggravating factors that could be blocking your recovery.
Some of the pain conditions we treat include:
- Lower back pain
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
- Trigger point injections for fibromyalgia
- Post-herpetic neuralgia
- Occipital neuralgia
Individualize care to minimize your pain - Our team of care providers will work with you to create a personalized approach to manage your chronic pain and return you to a functional and productive lifestyle.
Some of the services we might recommend include:
- Specialized testing (MRI scans)
- Pain management techniques
- Appropriate therapeutic exercise
- Body mechanics and ergonomic techniques
- Physical reconditioning
- Relaxation and breathing exercises
- Functional restoration (physical therapy)
- Coping and stress management skills
- Pain psychology services
- Medication prescription
Our goals are for you to:
- Have more energy
- Build your endurance, strength and flexibility
- Relieve your dependency on drugs, if needed
- Reduce any symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Improve your sleep quality and quantity
- Help control your pain
- Help you return to a functional and productive lifestyle
- Address any family and behavioral issues
Some of our locations offer group programs. You may also be seen individually by a physical therapist and/or psychologist. We look forward to working with you and your doctor to find the best treatment, or combination of treatments, to help you get better and stay healthy.