Rising star or weekend warrior, you deserve world-class sports medicine care
You don’t have to be a top athlete to receive world-class treatment for sports-related injuries.
At Novant Health, we take care of many professional and top amateur athletes. We believe you should have access to the same leading-edge care–whether you’re a rising star or just want to have fun. Our sports medicine specialists are focused on helping you get back on the field–or the court, or the course–performing to your full potential.
Our orthopedic sports medicine physicians provide surgical and non-surgical treatments for a variety of conditions associated with sports, such as:
- Acromioclavicular joint separation (top of shoulder)
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries
- Arthritis (rheumatoid and osteoarthritis)
- Arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder and knee
- Baker’s cyst
- Bone and soft tissue tumors
- Bursitis of the shoulder (impingement syndrome)
- Meniscus cartilage injuries (knee)
- Cartilage restoration using osteochondral autograft transfers (OATS)
- Chondromalacia (damage to tissue under the kneecap)
- Chronic wrist pain
- Patella-femoral misalignments
- Clavicle and scapula problems
- Frozen shoulder
- Joint instability or swelling
- Labral tears
- Lateral collateral ligament tears
- Ligament sprains or strains
- Muscle weakness
- Nerve compression syndromes
- Overuse injuries
- Rotator cuff problems, including tendonitis and tears
- Shoulder dislocation
- Shoulder instability
- Tennis elbow
The sports medicine treatment team at Novant Health includes specialized orthopedic surgeons, anesthesiologists and radiologists who use sophisticated diagnostic tools to evaluate injuries and recommend the most appropriate treatment. Many sports-related injuries can be treated without surgery or with minimally invasive arthroscopy or laser surgery on an outpatient basis. Your orthopedic surgeon may also refer you to a physical therapist for rehabilitation to help get you back to the activities you love.
Physical therapy, primary care, sports medicine and other services
If you have a fitness or athletic injury that doesn’t require surgery, you will appreciate the convenience of receiving the latest therapies at a Novant Health rehabilitation center or primary care sports medicine clinic. We are a pioneer in full-service sports medicine, which includes programs such as sports nutrition, strength conditioning and sports psychiatry. Learn more about sports medicine at Novant Health.