Novant Health Heart & Vascular Institute can help you prevent heart & vascular disease
At Novant Health Heart & Vascular Institute, helping our communities stay healthy and informed is a mission we work hard toward every day. To support this mission, our clinicians provide medical services, education and a variety of programs to help make a healthier lifestyle easier to attain. The services and programs offered at our prevention clinics are designed to help prevent and manage heart disease. From maintaining a good diet to staying active and exercising, we can help you take control of your health. Taking care of your heart and living a long and healthy life go hand-in-hand.
Our board-certified cardiologists, internal medicine and family medicine physicians work together to provide comprehensive care for patients to help prevent cardiovascular disease.
Some of the prevention services our clinics provide are listed below: (may vary by location)
- Lipid clinic
- Anticoagulation clinic
- Heart failure clinic
- EECP (Enhanced External Counterpulsation)
- Vascular screening clinic
- Cardiac rehabilitation program
- Pulmonary rehabilitation program
- Nutrition counseling
- Smoking cessation program
- Stress management & depression counseling
Classes, programs and services - At Novant Health, we offer a variety of classes and programs to help you make lifestyle choices that promote a healthy heart. Our highly-trained staff will empower you to make smarter decisions through instruction, knowledge, and support.
- Exercise – No matter your current fitness level, our highly-trained exercise experts will design an individualized exercise program to meet your needs and wellness goals.
- Weight loss – No two people are alike. That’s why we will provide you with a personalized weight-loss plan that combines exercise and a healthy diet. We will teach you how to choose healthier foods and find an exercise program that will help you meet your weight-loss goal.
- Smoking cessation – Stopping smoking is the number one thing you can do to lower your risk for heart disease. Our specially-trained experts will provide you with the support and resources you need to kick the habit for good.
- Healthy eating – Eating healthy is an important part of keeping your heart healthy and managing heart disease. We offer a variety of services that can empower you to form healthy eating habits and reduce your chance of a heart attack.
- Personal nutrition – Our registered dietitians can help you put together a healthy eating plan that is centered around your needs and personal taste. We provide more than a diet plan – we provide a healthier you.
- Heart-healthy cooking – Cooking healthy and delicious meals might be easier than you think. Our registered dietitians can show you how to bring a variety of heart-healthy dishes to your dinner table that the entire family will enjoy.
- Heart-healthy cookbooks – Our team of heart disease experts have created two easy-to-follow cookbooks based on the Mediterranean-American diet. You will get delicious – yet healthy – recipes that are rich in fruits, vegetables, olive oil and fish.
While medical treatment and medications are great methods for fighting heart and vascular diseases, knowledge about heart healthy living can be an equally-powerful prescription. Our educational programs are used to raise awareness, offer support, and teach you how to manage your heart disease diagnosis. Our classes are offered in a variety of settings and formats and include heart health, stroke prevention, vascular health and women’s health.