Leading-edge heart and vascular research
We are dedicated to providing the latest treatment options to patients in our community through participating in routine research.
Novant Health will only participate in clinical protocols that meet our standards for ethics, safety and scientific relevance, ultimately improving our ability to care our patients. Investigators have an opportunity to help our teams pioneer the adoption of new treatments and surgical techniques through our continuous participation in clinical trials.
Heart and vascular research services include:
- Review clinical study information submissions and match sponsors with investigators
- Provide experienced coordinators
- Scientific and medical consulting
- Complete IRB and regulatory submissions
- Negotiate contracts and budgets
- Provide training for investigators and coordinators
- Manage financial aspects such as accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Ensure compliance with FDA and ICH guidelines
Our collaborative model enables us to:
- Share heart and vascular research studies across all providers
- Market services to attract new research opportunities
- Provide access to a large database of patients
- Share business strategies and ideas
- Ensure that each practice can maintain its autonomy and flexibility
The Novant Health Heart and Vascular Institute Division of Research will participate in clinically-relevant medical research for the advancement of medical science and the benefit of our patients.
The Novant Health Heart and Vascular Institute will only participate in the clinical protocols that meet our standards for ethics, safety, and scientific relevance. We will prioritize trials that seek to answer crucial clinical questions, provide our patients with advanced medical technology not otherwise attainable, or potentially lessen the financial burden of their medical care. We recognize that our participation in clinical research is one means of continuing to maintain our physicians in positions of leadership in the medical community and, in so doing, ultimately improves our ability to care for our patients.
Resources and tools
To learn more about our research and clinical trials, contact the Novant Health facility nearest you.