You don’t have to recover on your own
The road back from a heart attack, heart surgery or other cardiac medical procedure can seem challenging. But you don’t have to travel that road alone. At Novant Health, our talented clinicians are here to help you lead a longer, healthier life.
Our specialized cardiac rehabilitation program is available at some of our locations and is designed for heart disease patients of all ages.
Our three-month program can help you:
- Strengthen your heart
- Lower your cholesterol levels and blood pressure
- Control your diabetes
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Increase your bone density
We will work together with you to give you the broadest range of solutions specific to your heart health. Under the medical supervision of a cardiologist, our exercise experts, cardiac nurses, psychologists, dietitians and other specialists will work together to create a health and exercise plan just for you that might include:
- Nutrition counseling for weight, diabetes, cholesterol and blood pressure
- Education on healthy lifestyle and managing heart disease risk factors
- Counseling for you and your family to cope with the stress of a heart condition
- Exercise therapy
- Help stopping smoking