Help yourself now and help others in the future
New medical advancements are made possible through our clinical research trials, giving you access to advanced treatment options for various conditions. But before you agree to participate in a research study, it’s important you know what to expect.
Our clinical research team consists of physicians, nurses, social workers and other healthcare professionals that will ensure you have everything you need for a comfortable experience. The process of every clinical trial depends on the type of trial you are interested in, and each trial varies in length. Some studies may last a few weeks; others may last months, even years. Our research team will work closely with you so that you understand the time investments that will be required of you and answer any questions before you agree to participate.
Your health will be assessed before the trial begins and after it concludes, as well as at different points throughout. Once the trial finishes, you will receive instructions on how we will keep in touch.
We encourage you to ask questions if this is your first time participating, and our staff is here to answer them thoroughly. We want you to be as well-informed as possible leading up to your participation. Basic pre-trial questions include:
- What is this research about? How does this research help the treatment of my disorder?
- Why am I an ideal candidate?
- How does participating in this trial benefit me?
- What are the possible risks this research poses to my health?
- How will this trial differ from the treatment I am already receiving?
- What happens at the end of this study?
- How much of my time will this research trial require?
- What happens if I no longer want to participate?
We’re delivering innovative therapies to our communities through medical research. To learn more about clinical research trials, visit the Novant Health facility closest to you.