A place for you and your family to share your story
Meeting and talking with other cancer survivors can be a powerful part of your cancer journey. We offer a variety of different support groups in a unique, caring environment where survivors and caregivers can share their experiences. All groups are facilitated by a licensed clinical social worker with special training in oncology, and individual and family counseling sessions are available if you prefer more private support.
All groups are open to family and friends except for the breast cancer support groups, which are designed for breast cancer patients only. Our staff works in close collaboration with the Novant Health volunteer office, chaplain’s office, community care services, community therapists, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and the American Cancer Society to provide the most comprehensive cancer support program in the region.
Our cancer support groups
Following are a few of the cancer support groups we offer. These support groups can very from location to location so be sure to check with your Novant Health location to see which support groups they provide.
- Individual and family counseling
- Bereavement support groups
- Breast cancer support groups
- Brain tumor support groups
- Caregiver connections
- Colorectal cancer support groups
- Gynecologic cancer support groups
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society family support groups
- Metastatic breast cancer support groups
- Mind/body techniques to enhance healing
- Prostate cancer support groups
- Thyroid cancer support groups
- Feel good Friday
- Lung cancer support groups
- Living through cancer
All of these support groups are offered free to you and your family and are available to everyone, regardless of hospital affiliation.