Treating serious psychiatric illnesses and addictions
If you have a serious psychiatric illness or addiction problem, you need the support of an expert team to help you get well.
Novant Health has psychiatrists, registered nurses, psychiatric technicians, counselors, recreational therapists, and clinical social workers who provide treatment at multiple levels. You may be treated at a single level or move through a series of transitions from one level to another.
We are dedicated to providing a safe and encouraging environment that can make a significant difference in the lives of our patients.
Our inpatient programs are available at some of our locations. These services are designed to treat people with the following issues:
- Cognitive impairment with behavioral disturbances
- Severe mood disorders including depression and bipolar disorder
- Sudden, intense behavioral disturbances
- Psychotic disorders
- Suicidal intentions
- Severe acute anxiety
- Substance dependence requiring inpatient detoxification including alcohol and benzodiazapenes
- Severe withdrawal symptoms that cannot be medically managed safely in an outpatient setting
Planning for discharge and follow-up care begins at admission and continues throughout the patient’s stay. After stabilizing the acute illness, we help transition patients to an appropriate outpatient program or facility for continued treatment.
During an inpatient stay, we offer various treatment approaches including:
- Multiple, daily therapeutic group sessions
- Family meetings, if appropriate
- Care coordination
- Recreation therapy
- Detoxification services
We also encourage visitors to come daily during designated times. Contact us today to learn more about our inpatient behavioral health services.