Care that’s personalized to your needs - Caton Merchant House also offers many levels of care and support that is provided in a home-like environment. Our services and amenities include:
- Three delicious meals and satisfying snacks daily
- 24-hour staff availability and security monitoring
- Social spaces, activity rooms, fireplace area, sun porches, and gardens
- Daily educational and social activities led by full-time recreation staff
- Opportunities to help care for plants, gardens, birds and fish
- On-site hair salon and barber shop
- Medical office for health screenings, physical exams, and simple procedures as well as monthly visits by a podiatrist and geriatric specialist
We also offer short-term respite care for stays between 5 and 30 days – great for families going on vacation who do not want to leave their loved one alone. For more information on respite care, please call 703-335-8400.
If you need additional help, we will tailor a care plan just for you that can include varying levels of assistance with medications, bathing, dressing, toileting, safety monitoring, and diet.
Take a look at our Resident Care Calculator to learn more about our levels of care.
Your choice of floor plans - Residents are “at home” in their own apartments at Caton Merchant House, where you can select from four different floor plans:
Each apartment has a kitchenette, large closet space, individually-controlled heating and air conditioning units, and a large bathroom with accommodating safety shower.
Room fees include weekly housekeeping, personal linen and laundry services, utilities, TV cable hookup, telephone service and two emergency call cords. You can personalize your apartment as you wish and pets are welcome.
See our 2015 Staff and Pricing Guide for more detail about apartments and services.
Want more information about admissions? Please call our Admissions Office at 703-335-8400 to arrange a visit, guided tour and complimentary lunch. Prior to your visit, we encourage you to complete the forms below so that we can better assess your needs and discuss available options with you:
Thank you for your interest in Novant Health Caton Merchant House. We look forward to seeing you soon.