Get answers to your marketplace questions
The deadline for purchasing Marketplace plans for 2015 was Feb. 15. Open enrollment for 2016 begins in the fall of 2015. As a trusted resource, Novant Health has answers to some common Marketplace questions:
Who can get coverage through the Marketplace?
Americans who do not have insurance, who buy their own health plans, and who cannot get Medicaid or Medicare can get a plan through the Marketplace. Those who buy plans through the Marketplace may get lower premiums. These lower premiums are for people who have a total household income between 100 and 400 percent of the federal poverty level.
What type of healthcare will Marketplace plans cover?
Health plans offered through the marketplace will cover doctor visits, hospital care, maternity care, emergency room care and prescriptions, even if you have an existing health problem.
Where can I see the plan options?
The website for the Marketplace is HealthCare.gov.
How do I sign up for a Marketplace plan?
You can sign up for a Marketplace plan by filling out an application during the open enrollment period. Applications can be filled out by:
What information do I need in order to apply?
The Marketplace offers a variety of health plans to meet a various needs and budgets. Before applying, research the different options and plan your budget.
When you apply, have this information available:
- Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Birth dates
- Pay stubs, W-2 forms or “Wage and Tax Statements”
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance.
- Information about any health insurance you or your family could get from your jobs
What if I signed up for a Marketplace plan in 2014?
If you signed up for a plan in 2014, you can keep your same plan or change plans. You will get information on your plan and your options before Nov. 15, 2014. Visit HealthCare.gov/keep-or-change-plan to learn more.
What happens if I do not get a health plan in 2015?
Most Americans must have health coverage or pay a fee. If you do not have coverage in 2015, you will pay a penalty of either 2 percent of your income or $325 per adult ($162.50 per child) — whichever is higher.
Where can I learn more about the Marketplace and my health plan choices?
- Visit HealthCare.gov
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call a Novant Health trained financial counselor:
- Greater Winston-Salem area: 336-718-5393
- Greater Charlotte area: 704-384-0539
- Brunswick area: 910-721-1783
- Northern Virginia area: 703-369-8020
- Greater Raleigh area: 919-497-8055