Putting care first for all members of our community
Novant Health will provide financial assistance for patients who receive medically necessary services and meet the eligibility requirements under the policy.
If eligible for financial assistance, patients will receive a 100-percent discount or free care. The financial assistance program does not cover elective services.
No individual who is eligible for financial assistance will be charged more than amounts generally billed for emergency or other medically necessary care to individuals who have insurance covering such care.
How do I apply?
Applications are available in English and Spanish. A copy of the financial assistance policy and an application may be obtained by:
- Visiting the Novant Health website, NovantHealth.org
- Calling Novant Health customer services toll-free at 1-888-844-0080 and requesting a free brochure be mailed to you
- Visiting the financial counseling office at any Novant Health hospital
- Calling any Novant Health medical center financial counselor at the numbers listed below:
| Medical Center / Hospital
| Phone Number
|Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center
3333 Silas Creek Parkway
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
Novant Health Clemmons Medical Center
6915 Village Medical Circle
Clemmons, NC 27012
Novant Health Kernersville Medical Center
1750 Kernersville Medical Parkway
Kernersville, NC 27284
Novant Health Medical Park Hospital
1950 S Hawthorne Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center
207 Old Lexington Road
Thomasville, NC 27360
Novant Health Rowan Medical Center
612 Mocksville Avenue
Salisbury, NC 28144
|Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center
200 Hawthorne Lane
Charlotte, NC 28204
Novant Health Matthews Medical Center
1500 Matthews Township Parkway
Matthews, NC 28105
Novant Health Huntersville Medical Center
10030 Gilead Road
Huntersville, NC 28078
Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital
1901 Randolph Road
Charlotte, NC 28207
|Novant Health Brunswick Medical Center
240 Hospital Drive NE
Bolivia, NC 28422
|Novant Health Prince William Medical Center
8700 Sudley Road
Manassas, Va 20110
Novant Health Haymarket Medical Center
15225 Heathcote Boulevard
Haymarket, VA 20169
|Novant Health Franklin Medical Center
100 Hospital Drive
Louisburg, NC 27549
Am I eligible?
In order to qualify for financial assistance all of the following conditions must be met:
- The patient must be uninsured or, in certain circumstances, have limited insurance coverage.
- The patient must be unable to access other programs that would cover medical expenses.
- The patient's annual family income must be no more than 300 percent of the current year federal poverty guidelines.
- The patient must not have substantial cash assets.
- The patient must not have declined health insurance through an employer.
- The patient must not be ineligible for government sponsored coverage because of noncompliance with requirements.
- The service must be considered medically necessary (generally defined as urgent or emergent).
- The patient must live in the Novant Health service area.
- The application and supporting documentation must be submitted to the hospital business office or financial counseling department.
How will I know if I have been approved?
Once all requested documents are received the application will be reviewed. An approval or denial letter will be mailed to each applicant. The financial assistance application and documentation must be updated every six months, or when the patient's income or other key circumstances change. Each visit within the six month period will be reviewed for potential access to other programs.
This policy only applies to services rendered at a Novant Health facility. It does not apply to services rendered by any independent physicians or practitioners that are not employed by Novant Health. This includes but is not limited to anesthesiologists, radiologists and pathologists.