Our supplier diversity development initiative
We are committed to being a world class leader in the development of successful relationships with diverse suppliers by incorporating them into the everyday process of category reviews and product or service bids. Our supplier diversity development initiative aims to enhance the procurement process by increasing competition and access to quality products and services and excellent customer service.
Companies must be certified to complete the registration process. The registration portal will prompt you to upload or fax in the certificate so that it can be validated. Novant Health will accept certifications from the city, state or national certifying body or affiliate. Veteran-owned companies must be certified by the Veteran Administration.
Companies must have a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number to complete the registration process. If your company does not have one, simply contact Dunn & Bradstreet for one. It is not necessary to pay for a DUNS number; however, your company must request a free one.
Completion of the registration process will not guarantee business from Novant Health; registering simply enables Novant Health strategic sourcing managers an opportunity to identify your company / product / service. Also, Novant Health uses the tool to track diverse vendors, gather data and locate potential suppliers.
Completion of the registration process is separate from the strategic sourcing procurement timeline. As opportunities are identified, vendors are as well. An opportunity could take months or years to materialize. Please be patient. We suggest periodic (quarterly or so) emails as a means of staying in touch with Novant Health.
There's an added value to registering: Supplier Gateway (http://www.diversityinforesources.com) manages the database for Novant Health. They also manage databases for Home Depot, Staples, Medtronic, Owens & Minor, Campbell's and other large national companies. Once you register with Novant Health, your company will be populated in the other databases as well (for free).
The Supplier Diversity Development Registration process
1. Access the online registration form located here: Database Registration »
2. Follow the instructions after clicking Registration Process and Instructions (Click to View).
3. After you've registered, email Kevin J. Price at firstname.lastname@example.org, letting him know (please attach a PDF with background about your company). This will help the Sourcing Team pull up information about your company quickly and help him track your opportunities.
- State of North Carolina - Office of HUB: http://www.doa.state.nc.us/hub/
- Carolinas Minority Supplier Development Council: http://msdc.adaptone.com/carolinasmsdc/
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC): http://www.nmsdc.org
1040 Ave. of the Americas, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10018
Certifies minority-owned businesses nationwide through local affiliate offices.
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC): http://www.wbenc.org
1710 H. Street, N.W., 7th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20006
Phone: (202) 872-5515
Certifies women-owned businesses nationwide through local affiliate offices.
- Small Business Administration: http://www.sba.gov
26 Federal Plaza, New York, NY 10278
- Veterans Administration: http://www.vetbiz.gov
U.S. Department of Veterans Affair
The Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE)
810 Vermont Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20420
- U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPAACC): http://www.uspaacc.com
1329 18th Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20036
- U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC): http://www.ushcc.com
2175 K Street, NW, Suite 100, Washington, D.C. 20037
Phone: 800-USHCC86 or 202-842-1212
- Healthcare Supplier Diversity Alliance (HSDA): http://www.hsdafordiversity.org
- Novation: http://www.novationco.com
125 E. John Carpenter Frwy, Suite 1400, Irving, TX 75062
- Owens & Minor: http://www.owens-minor.com
9120 Lockwood Blvd., Mechanicsville, VA 23116