Advanced inpatient care when you need it the most
Whether you are having a baby, recovering from surgery or need long-term care, Novant Health Haymarket Medical Center is here to provide a wide range of inpatient services to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
For more information about our inpatient services, call:
Learn more about your stay with us »
When you are admitted to our hospital, our team of hospitalists will typically coordinate your care. This team is comprised of board-certified doctors, nurse practitioners and qualified support staff that exclusively provide care to hospitalized patients. By working with our network of primary and specialty doctors, we work together to meet all your medical needs.
What is a hospitalist?
A hospitalist is an internal medicine doctor that specializes in providing inpatient medical care. When you are admitted or directly referred for admission, our hospitalists will coordinate your care with your primary care physician. After your treatment is complete, the hospitalist will help you transition back to your primary care physician if ongoing care is needed. If you do not have a primary care physician, we can refer you to one.
One of the greatest advantages of our hospitalist program is that our physicians are available around the clock to provide you and your family with advanced care when you need it the most.
Our hospitalists serve you in a variety of ways, including:
- Visiting bedside and answering questions 24 hours a day
- Ordering tests, medications and treatments 24 hours a day
- Communicating with you, your family and your primary care physician about your condition and care
- Consulting with additional specialists, as needed
- Providing discharge instructions about further care, medication and follow-up
- Sending a hospital care summary to your primary care physician
For more information about our inpatient services, call 703-396-5292.
For more information about your stay with us, click here.