Clinical research facilities
With a dedicated research center and staff, Novant Health Clinical Research has all the resources of Novant Health at its disposal in the conduct of clinical trials. See below for the full range of resources available to conduct your next study.
Novant Health Clinical Research is part of Novant Health, Inc., an integrated medical system which includes:
- Novant Medical Group with over 1,100 employed physicians in over 350 medical practices. In 2009, these physicians conducted 3,900,000 patient visits.
- Thirteen hospitals with over 3,000 licensed beds and a combined total of 467,000 Emergency Room visits, 119,000 surgeries, 19,000 births and 117,000 patient discharges.
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center:
- Seven-bed cardiac cath lab
- Two-bed EP lab
- Two-bed IR lab
- Lipid clinic
- CHF clinic
- Sleep lab
- Imaging centers, surgical centers, long-term care facilities.
Novant Health Clinical Research Facilities
Combining the resources of Novant Health, Triad Region with the dedicated facilities of Novant Health Clinical Research, the following resources are available for the conduct of clinical trials:
- Full imaging capabilities in both the inpatient and outpatient setting
- Full lab capabilities with IATA-certified lab personnel dedicated to central lab processing. Lab equipment includes on-site –70°F and –20°F temperature-monitored freezers.
- Investigational pharmacy with dedicated ID pharmacy staff
- An enterprise-wide application of Study Manager Reveal and access to Novant Corporate Clinical Improvement's data warehouse enables integration of patient data across all medical practices and facilities to identify patient populations in assessing study feasibility and recruitment targets.
- Novant Health Clinical Research offices include secure document storage and private monitoring rooms.